I had a completely different post in mind for tonight but upon reading this on Nicole’s blog, I decided to make this the topic.
- I adore children’s shows and will watch things like Wizards of Waverly Place, iCarly, Good Luck Charlie, I’m in the Band, Big Time Rush, etc. even if my children aren’t home.
- Although my favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, my favorite Disney character is Alice.
- I consider myself fairly versed in music and will listen to just about anything, though I don’t favor rap or heavy metal.
- I still drink kool-aid, grape is my favorite.
- I have a collection of music boxes that my great grandmother started for me.
- I love to watch Audrey Hepburn and Ingrid Bergman movies.
- I love cooking, but I despise baking.
- I have a really hard time buying anything for myself, even if it is something I want or need. I find it selfish.
- I cannot “roll” my tongue* and my children think it is hilarious. (All 3 of them can) *see illustration below*.
- I love being outside (camping, biking, hiking, at the lake, etc.) and wish we did more things “outdoors”.
- When I was in high school, I was a big Ag nerd, did my co-op at a citrus plant, was in FFA and raised a lamb for the county fair (which was best in show for his weight class).
- My middle name is Jan which is my grandmother’s name, my mother’s middle name is Vivien which was her grandmother’s name and my daughter’s middle name is Carol which is my mother’s name. The tradition goes back to my great grandmother’s great grandmother of using the grandmother’s name as the daughter’s middle name. My poor daughter will have to figure out how to use Kelli if she continues the tradition.
- I have read The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts 24 times.
- I believe in Ghosts.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Dave Grohl and think my husband favors him slightly.
- I play at least one of the six Guitar Hero games daily: Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III: Legands of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero 5 and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (all for xbox 360) and have owned ALL versions of Guitar Hero (Aerosmith, 80’s, etc.) at one time or another.
- I have an electric guitar and would love to continue my lessons so I can learn to play it.
- Although I want to learn to play guitar, I prefer drummers. 😉
- I don’t know a lot about social media, and as much as I want to be a part of things (facebook, twitter, etc.) it scares me.
- I could eat crab, avocado and popcorn every day.
- I loathe the black leather “media” theater seating couch that we own. LOATE.IT.
- I secretly want a cat, but can’t have one because my husband and son are severely allergic to them.
- I had gestational diabetes with all three of my children and was insulin requiring with my daughter.
- I wish my husband and I held hands more.
- I met my husband online back in 1998; before meeting someone online was “cool” on Excite Chat program (way before eHarmony) and we used ICQ to talk to one another.
So there you have it, 25 things you might not know about me; but now you do. 🙂
P.S. For those of you who don’t know what I mean by “roll” my tongue THIS is what I mean: