This weeks topic is Book Titles that Would Make Great Song Titles. My list of these titles is below. And I highly recommend reading the books as well.
- Any of the titles of The Folk of the Aire series by Holly Black: The Cruel Prince, The Wicked King, The Queen of Nothing, The Lost Sisters. I think any one of those make a great song title. So would that count as 1 or as 4?
2. Paradise Lost by John Milton – I mean the title in and of itself makes you think of so many things
3. The two titles for the Strange the Dreamer series by Laini Taylor. Strange the Dreamer and Muse of Nightmares. Either one of those have alluringness to them. And again does that count as 1 or 2? Cause currently I am not sure if I am at number 3 or 6?
4. Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger. The title brings some many things to mind and I think would make an amazing song title.
5. Shadow of Night, book number 2 in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I think this would make a good song title and may already be one.
6. The Story of Awkward by R.K. Ryals – This reminds me of title for a No Doubt song.
7. I’ll Watch the Moon by Ann Tatlock
8. The Righteous and the Wicked by Derik Cavignano – this book reminds me of a title a alternative rock group might use. Or maybe a Christian band.
9. The Girl Who Never Came Back by Amy Cross
10. Killing Hemingway by Arthur Byrne – again another one I could see a alternative rock band using.
So I guess in all actuality I gave you 14 titles but I am counting the ones that are series as one. If you’d like to join us you can find the list for the Top Ten Tuesday here.
8 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – Book Titles that Would Make Great Song Titles”
“Killing Hemingway” – this reminded me that there’s a really great Lauren Christy song called “The Night I Saved Peter Ustinov.” I can see Killing Hemingway as a companion piece…
All of these are great choices, but I really like the idea of Ink and Bone … that one could be a lot of fun.
I could definitely see all of the Folk of the Air titles as song titles!
The Holly Black books would all make great song titles! And I can just imagine Strange the Dreamer too!
I like the idea of the Holly Black titles. The Girl Who Never Came Back would be a good one too!
Shadow of Night would make an interesting song!
Here’s my list!
Shadow of the Night… That’s a Pat Benetar song!
I’d love to hear the tale of The Girl Who Never Came Back. It sounds like a dirge or a folk song to me. 🙂
Comments are closed.